Monday, December 22, 2008

Words

How many words are there in a language? Untapped recorces lay at my fingers even now, if I would attempt to express them. And yet why does it take more than the few to echo the songs of my heart, now, where more articulation would fail me? Few words rightly hold the meanings they govern when used losely on the tongues of many.

So perhaps words are not the answer, but a deeper knowing and understanding within one's self which even words cannot tap or express without ruining and cheapening for meaning.

How else to communicate that knowing if not with words? Perhaps that, too, is in knowing.

1 comments:

Rachel Adventure said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one hung up on how amazing language and words can be. Learning Spanish just intensified it. Countless combinations! Think of the possibilities :)