Sunday, June 7, 2009

To My Readers, though you be few:
It is often said in literature that love conquers all--love is the eternal purpose of life--love is what makes a person's soul sing. But some decisions must put aside love, must scorn it and detach from it--disentangle completely. Some decisions are wholly for the good of the individual, for self, for future.
A quote in church the other week read, "Sometimes in order to have hope for a happier future, we have to give up hope of having a happier past." And so that is what I am doing.
The hardest thing for me in life is to leave the things I love behind. The feeling of abandoning love goes against everything that I believe in every corner of my heart.
But I KNOW that it is right.
How can something that is right hurt so much?
I want that happy future. I want to put aside everything that I think I'm entitled to, everything that has hurt me, everything that I have dreamed of--and start fresh. I want to go into my life with no expectations but happiness...and I want to achieve that happiness...I will achieve that happiness. But it takes time.
Dear Reader, I'll miss you. This is a turning point. I'm turning my back on that past and looking to the new with no expectations. No preconceived notion of how I want things to turn out.
This is the new. This will be the new format of my life. One day at a time.
All my love and hope for the future,
H.

1 comments:

Rachel Adventure said...

We'll miss you dearly as you know. But I am so glad you found the courage to follow your heart. Your past will still love you no matter where you go. Keep us posted.