Saturday, September 5, 2009

How oft do I look at another and say, "Oh, that I were you!"? I see the life, I see their fancy and I want it for my own. Their sparkles and glitz, their loved ones around.
"I would trade you. Yours for mine." I say.
But what is theirs to mine? Yes, the woman walking past is beautiful. But she kind? Yes. The family walking past seems happy...but what happens behind those closed doors? Yes. I...maybe they would trade me, too? Maybe in the changing and the rearranging of our identities we would discover our own discomfort of others, and our own love of self.
Would I change me? Do I wish that I were someone else?

2 comments:

Cerra said...

No way! You are great! ;-) BTW, I love how much you are posting lately. Maybe it's that OR air... <3

Heather said...

hahaha. Yeah...I was sitting out in the mall the other day on my lunch break with my feet up and this lady passed me and said, "gee...I wish I were you...." to which I immediately thought "no you don't...." and then I kept thinking about how I might wish that I was she and she was me...but really, was I in any better place with my feet in the air after a 10 hour shift? Or was she in a better spot shopping and spending money for pleasure, but with three kids in tow? There's always more to a person's position than what you see in that moment. :)
haha...yeah...I definitely think it's the Oregon air...maybe the fact that there's more of it? haha. Who knows?! :P