Friday, July 17, 2009

Prayer for my sister

What happens when you look into the eyes of a child?
My heart breaks for the sweet innocence that I see before me, which all too soon shall flower and bloom...and then die. My heart rejoices for the joy of living. the freedom of movement, the excitement of life's true pleasures.
But then my heart feels bitter again against the sins of my past. The time that has been wasted pursuing that which is now lost.
What wouldn't I do to spare a child of that? What wouldn't I do to keep her form still in the peace and serenity that it has found in sleeping.
An image of myself I see reflected. The same blood we share. The same heart. the same mind. The same will. The same passion. What will those eyes grow to see? What smells will encrust her hair and become her stamp?
God bless her please to live a good life. To learn. To grow. And to know how truly lovely she is. God bless her to keep her innocence and her joy.

0 comments: