Sunday, February 22, 2009

Is it a lie to say I know myself? Decite to say I'm sure? Who is the child behind these sad, dull eyes? I used to know her well--when spring was more than a fantasy and life a cause to smile. What is it about her now that causes such self destruction? Why the facade to hide the monster? Why the monster to hide the chill? Why the chill to soothe the bleeding heart? When it thaws, will I die?--Be found bleeding for all to see? Vulnerable? Or will I once again be able to say that I know myself for sure? Is that what it takes to make the lie a truth?
Perhaps the child behind the eyes is only a memory, and what has replaced her is Now's reality. Perhaps Now sees her only as a tool to keep me motivated.
Can you trick the present? Can you get to the past? What if I find her again? Will she be mine? Will she be me? How will I know?

0 comments: